SFP Flame Photometer
Evolving Flame Photometry to fit your specific needs
The BWB flame photometer is a game-changer in what is possible with a low temperature flame and our product development program has, since day one, been driven by our customer’s demands.
Many commercial and academic organisations faced specific challenges and our response is the BWB Special flame photometer.
Currently we are measuring Na, K, Li, Ca, Cs and Ba and combinations of these detectors allow users to engage with BWB engineers to evolve an ideal instrument that caters to their specific needs.
Get in touch now and see how we can work with you to develop a BWB Special Flame Photometer specific to your needs.
- Specially configured to suit your needs
- “IRS” (internal reference standard) available
- Our non traditional 5th “unit of measure” allows the true innovation of units to display and link outbound via our FP-PC coupling to the inter or intra net
- Simultaneous detection and display of any combination of all 5 atoms of interest
- Compatible with BWB AFHS
- Intuitive user interface for true ease of use
- Display prompts step by step operation
- Built-in air compressor
- Solutions and labware included
- Data sharing via PC link
- Operator independent determination of results
- 4 user selectable units of measure with a fifth optional unit of measure
- User selectable decimal places
- Integrated printer uses readily available paper from any high street office supply company
- Correction of Ca for the interference from high levels of Na
A case in point is a global supplier of ultra high purity Lithium ingots who operates thermal steam electricity power facilities, and uses exotic filtration methods to extract, among other detected ions, lithium. Our hybridized Custom BWB Flame Photometer has allowed them to augment their costly and exotic ICP and AAS instrumentation with our simple to use and exceptionally powerful instrument.
Presently we have formed a Strategic Alliance with a Major Oil and Gas Company and are co-developing a hybridized FES for online assistance in an exciting break-though technology for oil and natural gas production purposes.
|Sample rate||2 – 3.5ml/min|
|Tubing materials||Silicone and Tygon®|
|Specificity||Na/K/Li = <1% to each other when
equal in concentration at <100ppm
|Required desk space for Instrument||50cm (H) x 45cm (W) x 45cm (D)*
For Safety reasons the Flame photometer requires 1m of unobstructed space above to allow dissipation of heat from the chimney.
|Instrument size||SFP Flame Photometer
51cm (H) x 39cm (W) x 35cm (D)
(20in x 15in x 14in)
|Shipping||65cm (H) x 49cm (W) x 43cm (D)
(25in x 19in x 17in)
|Weight||SFP Flame Photometer – 14kg (30.8lbs)
Shipping – 25kg (55.1lbs)
|Optimal range||Single point calibration
Na 0.1 – 60ppm
K 0.05 – 100ppm
Li 0.05 – 50ppm
Ca 1.0 – 100ppm
Ba 5 – 100ppm
Cs 0.14 – 100ppm
Multi Point Calibration
Na 0.1 – 1000ppm
K 0.05 – 1000ppm
Li 0.05 – 1000ppm
Ca 1.0 – 1000ppm
Ba 5.0 – 3000ppm
Cs 0.5 – 1000ppm
|Reproducibility||<1% Coefficient of variability for 20 consecutive samples over ten minutes at concentrations of 100ppm or less. (After instrument stabilisation).|
|Limit of detection (LOD)||Na – 0.03ppm
K – 0.02ppm
Li – 0.02ppm
Ca – 0.3ppm
Ba – 1.6ppm
Cs – 0.041ppm
|Limit of quantification (LOQ)||Na – 0.03ppm
K – 0.02ppm
Li – 0.02ppm
Ca – 1ppm
Ba – 5.0ppm
Cs – 0.14ppm
|Ions measured||Customisable measurement of Na, K, Li, Ca, Ba and Cs
0-2.5 volt output (based on sample concentration linked to element of users choice)
Optional 4-20mA output in place of the above
Optional integrated printer
.CSV and .PDF generated reports and files via FP-PC software
Optional collection cup to provide live readings
|Recommended minimum warm up|
time based on ambient temperature
|21ºC – 25 minutes|
|Power requirements||100V – 250V AC at 50 or 60Hz
|Fuel requirement||Propane, Butane or Natural Gas*
regulated to 19Bar. Flow rate of 0.4l/min
*with modifications. BWB Technologies recommends either Propane or Butane for optimum results.
|Readout||LCD, four line, alpha numeric, back lit.|
|Other Options||Left hand or right hand chimney configuration.
Customized calibration curves for any or all of the atoms of interest.
Customized calibration solutions for multiple points (up to 14) for both in factory pre-shipment calibration and after sales supply.
User selectable units of measure including client determined unique units of measure.
What's In The Box?
- PC Leads USB and RS232
- Power lead to suit your region
- Aspiration Kit
- Manuals covering all aspects
of the FP
- Quick Start guides
- Warranty Registration Form
- Certificates of analysis for all provided Fluids
- Material Safety Data Sheets for all provided Fluids
- The FP-PC Software installation USB
- 150ml of BWB recommended cleaning solution
- Customisable calibration fluids based upon your needs.
- 100ml conical flask with screw lid
- 100 disposable sample cups
- 1L of De-Ionised water
- 2m of waste tube
- Set of spare fuses
- 10 x 10ml pipettes
- 10 x 1ml pipettes