SOIL Flame Photometer
Highly accurate and cost effective analysis in the lab or 'on the road'
The SOIL instrument offers enhanced Ca detection alongside Sodium and Potassium with the option to utilise Lithium as an internal reference standard.
This unique instrument has been designed and developed in conjunction with various field requests and operational requirements for the specific analysis of fertilisers and soil substrates.
Building upon the footprint of the award winning BWB XP instrument the SOIL offers all the benefits of our base product optimised over and beyond the requirements for analysis in the agricultural industry.
The ease of portability of this instrument and ‘Just add Gas’ configuration allows the instrument to be set up in the back of a van and conduct field analysis on site at various geographical locations.
With a thermal printer fitted as standard, traceability for sample analysis is maintained throughout.
- Simultaneous detection and display of all 3 atoms of interest
- “IRS” (internal reference standard) available
- Intuitive user interface for true ease of use
- Display prompts step by step operation
- Built-in air compressor
- Solutions and labware included
- Data sharing via pc link
- Operator independent determination of results
- 4 user selectable units of measure
- User selectable decimal places
- Integrated printer uses readily available paper
- IQ OQ PQ web-based certification available
- Can be used with either the BWB collection cup feature or our AFHS automated sample handling system
- Correction of Ca for the interference from high levels of Na
The BWB SOIL is the first instrument of its kind optimised for the agricultural industry.
Potassium is essential to plant growth, fertilisers and soil substrates have been analysed using flame photometry for decades. Building upon 2017 research papers conducted by Professor Akiharu Sasaki for the specific use of flame photometer analysis in the agricultural industry over and above other methods of analysis the BWB SOIL Flame Photometer was born.
|Sample rate||2 – 3.5ml/min|
|Tubing materials||Silicone and Tygon®|
|Required desk space for Instrument||50cm (H) x 45cm (W) x 45cm (D)*
For Safety reasons the Flame photometer requires 1m of unobstructed space above to allow dissipation of heat from the chimney.
|Instrument size||Nuclear Flame Photometer
51cm (H) x 39cm (W) x 35cm (D)
(20in x 15in x 14in)
|Shipping||65cm (H) x 49cm (W) x 43cm (D)
(25in x 19in x 17in)
|Weight||Soil Flame Photometer – 14kg (30.8lbs)
Shipping – 25kg (55.1lbs)
|Optimal range||Single point calibration
Na 0.1 – 60ppm
K 0.05 – 100ppm
Ca 1.0 – 100ppm
Multi Point Calibration
Na 0.1 – 1000ppm
K 0.05 – 1000ppm
Ca 1.0 – 1000ppm
|Reproducibility||<1% Coefficient of variability for 20 consecutive samples over ten minutes at concentrations of 100ppm or less. (After instrument stabilisation).|
|Specificity||Na/K/Li = <1% to each other when
equal in concentration at <100ppm
|Limit of detection (LOD)||Na – 0.03ppm
K – 0.02ppm
Ca – 0.3ppm
|Limit of quantification (LOQ)||Na – 0.03ppm
K – 0.05ppm
Ca – 1ppm
|Time to stability||Less than 15 seconds after sample
is introduced into the flame
|Ions measured||Simultaneous measurement of Na, K, and Ca|
0-2.5 volt output (based on sample concentration linked to element of users choice)
Optional 4-20mA output in place of the above
Integrated thermal printer
.CSV and .PDF generated reports and files via FP-PC software
|Recommended minimum warm up|
time based on ambient temperature
|21ºC – 25 minutes|
|Power requirements||100V – 250V AC at 50 or 60Hz
|Fuel requirement||Propane, Butane or Natural Gas*
regulated to 19Bar. Flow rate of 0.4l/min
*with modifications. BWB Technologies recommends either Propane or Butane for optimum results.
|Readout||LCD, four line, alpha numeric, back lit.|
What's In The Box?
- PC Leads USB and RS232
- Power lead to suit your region
- Gas Hose
- Aspiration Kit
- Manuals covering all aspects
of the Soil FP
- Quick Start guides
- Warranty Registration Form
- Certificates of analysis for all provided Fluids
- Material Safety Data Sheets for all provided Fluids
- The FP-PC Software installation USB
- 150ml of BWB recommended
- 150ml calibration fluids for all
3 elements at 10,000ppm.
- 150ml calibration fluid for internal reference standard (Li) at 10,000ppm
- 100ml conical flask with screw lid
- 100 disposable sample cups
- 1L of De-Ionised water
- 2m of waste tube
- Set of spare fuses
- 10 x 10ml pipettes
- 10 x 1ml pipettes