SUGAR Flame Photometer
Redefining Sugar refining from beet or cane
Enter the SUGAR flame photometer with specialised potassium and sodium channel detection, supplied with hybridised specific needs multiple point calibration solutions for potassium and sodium.
In keeping with the globally accepted published papers from 1977 forward, potassium and sodium detection is now available online 24/7 with a uniquely configured channel of detection for extreme accuracy along the range of potassium control.
This winning proprietary format has been improved with a unique adaptation and optimisation of the proprietary BWB optical array detection systems, which in this iteration of the BWB specialty flame photometers allows for a single channel of precise and accurate potassium and sodium measurement.
This specialty flame photometer has been requested and designed for the global sugar production marketplace.
- Uniquely hybridized BWB dual channel, focused for high accuracy potassium
- And sodium measurements
- “IRS” (internal reference standard) available
- 4-20ma 2 wire output compatible with SCADA software
- Live online monitoring
- Constant condensation stream feeds with use of the proprietary BWB collection cup
- Built-in air compressor; pioneered by BWB technologies in 2007 and proven now with over 1000 units in global field use
- Solutions and labware included; “just add gas”, the hallmark of the user friendly BWB flame photometer (FES) program
- User selectable decimal places
- Intuitive user interface for true ease of use
- Display prompts step by step operation
- Data sharing via pc link with BWB’s FP-PC app
Per our customers’ requests, our Collection Cup provides Real Time sample access for our mixing chamber/detection systems and only requires that the sample be at or near ambient temperature and customer provided ~5ml/minute feed to our unique “Collection Cup” system.
This totally unique BWB feature allows multiple installations details to be shared via intranet or internet links to provide “Distributed Control” via a single Control room with staff completely remote from the Refinery site itself.
For large Sugar Companies with multiple sites around the world, this allows Expertise from a centralized location anywhere in the world with real time virtually limitless data accumulation and analysis.
.csv files allow users to construct novel and proprietary Excel spread sheets and to share data quickly and efficiently.
|Sample rate||2 – 3.5ml/min|
|Tubing materials||Silicone and Tygon®|
|Required desk space for Instrument||50cm (H) x 45cm (W) x 45cm (D)*
For Safety reasons the Flame photometer requires 1m of unobstructed space above to allow dissipation of heat from the chimney.
|Instrument size||Sugar Flame Photometer
51cm (H) x 39cm (W) x 35cm (D)
(20in x 15in x 14in)
|Shipping||65cm (H) x 49cm (W) x 43cm (D)
(25in x 19in x 17in)
|Weight||Sugar Flame Photometer – 14kg (30.8lbs)
Shipping – 25kg (55.1lbs)
|Optimal range||Single point calibration
Na 0.1 – 60ppm
K 0.05 – 100ppm
Multi Point Calibration
Na 0.1 – 1000ppm
K 0.05 – 1000ppm
|Reproducibility||<1% Coefficient of variability for 20 consecutive samples over ten minutes at concentrations of 100ppm or less. (After instrument stabilisation).|
|Specificity||Na/K/Li = <1% to each other when
equal in concentration at <100ppm
|Limit of detection (LOD)||Na – 0.03ppm
K – 0.02ppm
|Limit of quantification (LOQ)||Na – 0.1ppm
K – 0.05ppm
|Time to stability||Less than 15 seconds after sample is introduced into the flame|
4-20mA output capable of direct link to SCADA systems
Optional integrated printer
.CSV and .PDF generated reports and files via FP-PC software
Collection Cup providing 24/7 live automated sampling*
|Recommended minimum warm up|
time based on ambient temperature
|21ºC – 25 minutes|
|Power requirements||100V – 250V AC at 50 or 60Hz
|Fuel requirement||Propane, Butane or Natural Gas*
regulated to 19Bar. Flow rate of O.4l/min
*with modifications. BWB Technologies recommends either Propane or Butane for optimum results.
|Readout||LCD, four line, alpha numeric, back lit|
What's In The Box?
- PC Leads USB and RS232
- Power lead to suit your region
- Gas Hose
- Aspiration Kit
- Manuals covering all aspects
of the Sugar FP
- Quick Start guides
- Warranty Registration Form
- Certificates of analysis for all provided Fluids
- Material Safety Data Sheets
for all provided Fluids
- The FP-PC Software installation USB
- 150ml of BWB recommended
- 150ml calibration fluids for
Na, K & Li at 10,000ppm.
- 100ml conical flask with screw lid
- 100 disposable sample cups
- 1L of De-Ionised water
- 2x 2m of waste tube
- Set of spare fuses
- 10 x 10ml pipettes
- 10 x 1ml pipettes