SYN FUELS Flame Photometer
Reliable and accurate analysis of all four atoms of interest
This powerful and growing global industry now has the attending facilities for Synthetic Fuels or Bio-Fuels production.
For this derivative product BWB Technologies offers a hybridized Flame Photometer we have named Syn Fuels.
The BWB SYN FUELS Flame Photometer is the first and only 4 channel flame photometer with simultaneous detection and display of all 4 elements.
A high quality and high performance instrument, the BWB SYN FUELS employs modern technology to improve both accuracy and stability while significantly reducing analysis time.
The fluid handling sections of the BWB SYN FUELS Flame Photometer
incorporate proprietary engineered thermoplastics that are highly chemically resistant to withstand the solvents encountered in Synthetic Fuels production facilities.
- Simultaneous detection and display of all 4 atoms of interest
- “IRS” (internal reference standard) available
- Intuitive user interface for true ease of use
- Display prompts step by step operation
- Built-in air compressor
- Solutions and labware included
- Data sharing via pc link
- Operator independent determination of results
- 4 user selectable units of measure
- User selectable decimal places
- Optional integrated printer uses readily available paper (added option)
- IQ OQ PQ web-based certification available
- Correction of Ca for the interference from high levels of Na
The majority of our global clients purchase a BWB Sugar FES for the beet or cane refining plant and the Syn Fuels FES for the bio-conversion plant site.
For non Sugar processors embracing Syn Fuels, the BWB XP is typically the BWB FES of interest during the bio-conversion processes.
|Sample rate||2 – 3.5ml/min|
|Tubing materials||PTFE and Teflon|
|Required desk space for Instrument||50cm (H) x 45cm (W) x 45cm (D)
For Safety reasons the Flame photometer requires1m of unobstructed space above to allow dissipation of heat from the chimney.
|Instrument size||SYN FUELS Flame Photometer
51cm (H) x 39cm (W) x 35cm (D)
(20in x 15in x 14in)
|Shipping||65cm (H) x 49cm (W) x 43cm (D)
(25in x 19in x 17in)
|Weight||SYN FUELS Flame Photometer 14kg (30.8lbs)
Shipping 25kg (55.1lbs)
|Optimal range||Single point calibration
Na 0.1 – 60ppm
K 0.05 – 100ppm
Li 0.05 – 50ppm
Ca 1.0 – 100ppm
Multi Point Calibration
Na 0.1 – 1000ppm
K 0.05 – 1000ppm
Li 0.05 – 1000ppm
Ca 1.0 – 1000ppm
|Reproducibility||<1% Coefficient of variability for 20 consecutive samples over ten minutes
at concentrations of 100ppm equivalent or less. (After instrument stabilisation).
|Specificity ||Na/K/Li = <1% to each other when equal in concentration at <100ppm|
|Limit of detection (LOD)||Na – 0.03ppm
K – 0.02ppm
Li – 0.02ppm
Ca – 0.3ppm
|Limit of quantification (LOQ)||Na – 0.03ppm
K – 0.02ppm
Li – 0.02ppm
Ca – 1ppm
|Time to stability||Less than 15 seconds after sample is introduced into the flame|
|Ions measured||Simultaneous measurement of Na, K, Li, Ca|
0-2.5 volt output (based on sample concentration linked to element of users choice)
Optional 4-20mA output in place of the above
Optional integrated printer
.CSV and .PDF generated reports and files via FP-PC software
Collection Cup fitted as standard allowing live reading
|Recommended minimum warm up|
time based on ambient temperature
|21°C – 25 minutes|
|Power requirements||100V – 250V AC at 50 or 60Hz|
|Fuel requirement||Propane, Butane or Natural Gas* regulated to 19Bar. Flow rate of 0.4l/min
*with modifications. BWB Technologies recommends either Propane or Butane for optimum results.
|Readout||LCD, four line, alpha numeric, back lit.|
What's In The Box?
- PC Leads USB and RS232
- Power lead to suit your region
- Gas Hose
- Aspiration Kit
- Manuals covering all aspects of the Syn Fuels FP
- Quick Start guides
- Warranty Registration Form
- Certificates of analysis for all provided Fluids
- Material Safety Data Sheets for
all provided Fluids
- The FP-PC Software installation USB
- 150ml of BWB recommended
- 150ml calibration fluids for all 4 elements at 10,000ppm.
- 100ml conical flask with screw lid
- 100 disposable sample cups
- 1L of De-Ionised water
- 2m of waste tube
- Set of spare fuses
- 10 x 10ml pipettes
- 10 x 1ml pipettes