Modern Slavery Statement
Commercial organisations carrying out business in the UK with an annual turnover of at least £36 million are required to publish a modern slavery statement. Whilst Spectronic Camspec Limited do not yet fall into this category we are committed to ensuring that we understand the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking and will endeavour to prevent this from occurring within both our business and supply chain, and to impose these same high standards on our contractors, suppliers and other business partners.
In addition we confirm that we comply with all relevant UK legislation regarding employment and recruitment practices to ensure all employees are treated in a fair and consistent manner in respect of pay, terms and conditions of employment and equality of opportunities.
Due diligence processes
• Made our staff aware of the Modern Slavery Act, including its definitions of slavery and human trafficking;
• Told staff what to do if they suspect a case of slavery or human trafficking;
• Contacted suppliers and partners in potentially higher risk categories to check what assurance arrangements they have in place;
• Commenced a revision of our procurement contracts and related documents to include prohibitions in respect of slavery and human trafficking and compliance with the legislation; and
• Reviewed our related policies accordingly (Whistleblowing Policy/Ethical Trading Policy).
The above procedures are designed to:
• Identify and assess potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
• Reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our business and supply chains.
• Monitor potential risk areas in our business and supply chains.
• Provide adequate protection for whistle blowers.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our company's slavery and human trafficking statement.